11 September 2008

Creativity and Origionality X 6 = Coffee

I am writing a paper. After that I will write another paper. Then another. Then another. Then another. Then another. Not in an I-feel-like-all-I-do-is-write-papers, never ending, looping sort of way. It's really more of an I-have-six-papers-due-next-week sort of way. And when I say 'sort of way' I mean, it is that way. Clearly one or more of these papers is going to get a serious shaft on creativity. I'm only one person. Common. 


With hesitation I say, for anyone who is a fan of Film Noir (or interested in a view of youth culture), you may be interested in seeing the movie Brick (Rian Johnson, 2005). It gets violent, and then it gets more violent. BUT in no way do I think that the violence should warrant an avoidance of the film. I was leery at first, but I after some processing, I feel that this film was brilliant - if nothing else you should sit in awe of the dialogue. 

3 comments:

Bob said...

I don't think your common!

Jules Oldroyd said...

Oh - it was more of a word slur; as in, I'm only one person. Come on. Come on = Common. But probably I should have realized that it also spelled common, as in ordinary.

However maybe my subconcious did mean that I'm common - someone who is not an uncommonly exceptinal writter, as one would need to be to bust out 6 papers with origional thought and insight.

Glad to know you still check this "veritable box of curiosities" as my would say.

Marti said...

I think it is spelled...Com'on or something like that. Doesn't quite look right.