01 April 2008

dreams

I had a friend in high school who would become genuinely angry with you about things that your dream self had done.  


Conversations would proceed as follows:
You: Morning K.
K: No. I'm angry with you.
You: What? What did I do...?
K: It was your dream self.
You: What?!?
K: Your dream self. I'm not talking to you.

Clearly there is no way to argue yourself out of that one. You simply had to let it pass. It really isn't wise or advisable to argue with the crazy in people. 

Last night I dreamt that I was sitting in an old, eclectic, warm house, bursting with friends. Classically milling about after what must have been a magical dinner. Some were drinking, some were still picking at dessert, some lying down on a couch or slouched into an overstuffed chair. I was still at the table talking and laughing with my friend Shalene and .... Adrian Brody. 

This morning I woke, increasingly jealous of my dream self. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay-something spooky goes on here cuz....I just watched "The Darjeeling Limited" on Friday and fell in L O V E (the flat on your face kind) with Adrian Brody...again. Bytheway-what was I eating?

Jules Oldroyd said...

how could you NOT love him in that film??

unfortunately my dream self did not let me in on what the meal, or dessert had been, just that it had been magical. I had the classic dream angle (floating above/ random glances at scenes) and all I could see was that we were the only three left sitting at the table, with some empty plates and glasses scattered about, there was smoke in the air, and we all had some sort of drink and we were all experiencing some serious belly laughter. it was evident that everyone felt quite safe & at home in this place.

all I know is... my dream self must be much cooler than I am in reality, because she eats dinner with you and Adrian Brody.