08 March 2009

Pizza Night


Finished my intensive weekend course of Horror films today at 4:00p, complete with a few classic falling-asleep-head-bobs on the bus on the way home. Realizing that I still needed to plow through a few hundred pages or so on cinema of the 1970s, I made myself an iced espresso and soaked up the last rays of sunshine on the "patio" behind our apartment. Reading completed, I glanced over a list of films deciding which one had the magical ability to help me turn out a fabulous paper... tonight. Not surprising, The Godfather (Francis Ford Coppola, 1972) found its way to the top. As I turned the film on to begin screening it before starting my paper (reviewing key scenes I might want to write about) the smell of fresh pizza dough, sauteed chicken, garlic, onion, mushrooms, chicken stock, olive oil, balsamic reduction and sundried tomatoes wafted their way into the living room. Needing a little reward as well as a good compliment to what was sure to be an incredible dinner we opened a bottle of Masciarelli Montepulciano d'Abruzzo. Film, food and wine = one satisfied girl. 

Tomorrow on my way home I am picking up a very specific type of ricotta cheese at The Market for cannolis. It isn't finals week - but it is midterm week, and when you are somewhat successfully keeping all 18 credits worth of plates spinning, I believe cannolis, red wine, and left over pizza are in order. 

1 comments:

Stacie296 said...

And I just bought a nice bottle of Coppola wine!